We are a fast-paced small animal practice located in the heart of West Nashville looking to add another all-star member to our group! Our team consists of three full time and two part time veterinarians. We practice traditional veterinary medicine, along with alternative and holistic medicine including laser treatment, acupuncture, and chiropractic services. In addition to our full service veterinary hospital, we offer boarding and basic grooming for our established patients. Our team works together to create a fear free experience for each of our patients and their parents as we take an individualistic approach to each pet. We value high quality veterinary medicine and service, education, and the bond we have with our clients, patients, and each other. We are looking for a motivated and passionate individual with a strong work ethic and a desire to learn to help us continue to provide exceptional care.
• Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
• Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
• Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
• Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings.
• Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
• Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
• Treat every client like family and each patient like your own pet.
• Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university
• Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of Tennessee
• Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude
• The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members
• Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets
• Compassionate team player who can uphold great reputation with clients
• A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics
• Proficiency in surgery a plus
SVP rewards its team members with a competitive salary, growth bonuses and a comprehensive benefits package, including: