We are seeking a full-time licensed veterinary technician to add to our six-veterinarian, small animal practice. Candidate must also be comfortable working with exotics and pocket pets. Must be a graduate of an accredited veterinary program.
Our clinic features up-to-date surgical, diagnostic, and patient monitoring capabilities. We are first in the area to offer in-clinic stem cell therapy which is an exciting responsibility for our technicians.
The goals of the Animal Health Clinic are to provide the highest quality veterinary care for our patients and the best possible service to our clients. One of the ways we reach our goals is through maintaining our AAHA (American Animal Hospital Association) accreditation since 1979. We are also committed to practicing Fear Free medicine by alleviating fear, anxiety, and stress in our patients. We are currently in the process of Fear Free Practice Certification.
We offer an excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401(k), profit sharing, paid continuing education, paid ND licensing/membership dues, employee discount, and uniform allowance. Wage will depend on experience.
Candidate must be available during our business hours (Monday-Friday 7:30AM-5:30PM; Saturday 9AM-12PM). No after-hour emergencies. Experienced candidates preferred, but new graduates are encouraged to apply. Must have great communication and interpersonal skills.
License or Certification in Veterinary Technology
Additional Salary Information: DOE
About Animal Health Clinic
We are the premier veterinary clinic in the Red River Valley offering cutting-edge services such as stem cell therapy, chemotherapy, referral diagnostics, Fear Free visits, and much more. Perhaps what sets us apart the most, however, is our amazing staff. Without you, we would not be able to deliver the best possible service to our loyal pet parents. We all share the same goal, and that is to make sure our patients receive the best possible veterinary care.
Some core principles of our organizational culture are:
1) Mission focus and dedication– we’re all highly dedicated to the mission, in a deeply personal way. Pets are family at AHC Fargo.
2) Professionalism– while our style as a team might be easy going, our attitude towards our work is extremely professional — we maintain the highest standards at our hospital.
3) Client Service– our clients are pet parents that desire and expect exceptional quality veterinary care. We have been American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) accredited since 1979.
4) Accountability– mistakes will happen. It is vital to accept feedback and to learn from it.
5) A Healthy Work-Life Balance–it is a professional responsibility to maintain ...a healthy work-life balance. Compassion fatigue is a risk in the helping profession and it mustn’t be ignored.
6) Highly Collaborative Culture– we aim for transparency and every team member is able and encouraged to weigh in and contribute.
7) Respect and Kindness– there is virtually no pretentiousness, meanness, pettiness or disrespect on our team. In fact, it is not tolerated.
8) Fear Free– our hospital is committed to providing Fear Free veterinary visits. Each team member is important in delivering a Fear Free experience for pets and pet parents.
9) Community-- active involvement in our community is important to us. We attend numerous events throughout the year supporting local rescues and proudly serve our local police department K9s.