Bayview Animal Hospital, located just blocks from the beach in Ft. Lauderdale, FL, has an opportunity for a Managing DVM!
Would you like to lead a team in an environment that’s engaging, positive, and feels like a second home where everyone else vacations? Are you looking for opportunities to expand your clinical skill set and business acumen?
If you answered yes, then we want to hear from you!
We are currently a three doctor small animal hospital nestled just outside of Lauderdale-By-The-Sea, 1 mile from the bright blue waters of the Atlantic coast! Bayview has been a staple of the community since 1970. What started out as a small storefront has expanded to a 6,200 Sq. foot modern facility with more updates to come. Our central location is just 8 Miles to Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, and 30 Miles to Miami!
· IDEXX in-house laboratory equipment including UA Analyzer
· Therapeutic Laser
· Dual treatment area
We reward leadership and excellence with:
· Highly competitive base salary
· Production Opportunities
· Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
· Life Insurance
· 401(k) plan
· Paid Vacation and Sick Time
· Continuing Education Allowance
About the Area
Greater Fort Lauderdale area boasts over 24 miles of sandy beaches,
with 300+ miles of inland waterways, and is home to Las Olas Boulevard, South Florida’s architecturally unique, authentic and eclectic shopping and dining district. Our city is proud to celebrate diversity to all those that visit. With attractions and events that honor its multicultural heritage, all makes for the perfect work life balance.
The Managing DVM is responsible for providing medical leadership for the hospital, managing associate veterinarians and assuring regulatory compliance relating to the practice of veterinary medicine. The Managing DVM is also responsible for creating an environment of teamwork in which quality medicine is delivered.
In partnership with the Hospital Manager, the Managing DVM is responsible for the financial performance of the hospital, preparing operating and capital budgets, and meeting budget expectations. In addition, the Hospital Manager and Managing DVM are responsible for directing staff and the overall management of the practice, under the direction of NVA Divisional Leadership.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
· A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university
· Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding the veterinary code of ethics
· The ability to delegate responsibility and achieve results with hospital team members
· Capable of quality decision making
· The ability to coach, correct, develop, and motivate employees
· Demonstrates excellent time and task management
· Demonstrates professional and courteous presentation with staff and clients
Bayview Animal Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Internal Number: 8894
About National Veterinary Associates (NVA)
The veterinary profession isn’t like any other—it’s the only field predicated on the love of a patient who can’t tell you what’s hurting and can only look to you for help. It takes a special kind of person to do that job, or the jobs supporting that job. NVA doesn’t create those special people—we find them, cultivate them, and give them resources and opportunities to do what only they can do. Whether treating patients, managing a pet resort, or serving hospitals from NVA’s Support Center, NVA’s animal professionals are caring people, united by a love of animals. NVA is proud to honor that connection and is committed to serving our team members by providing them with the tools, support, and freedom to be the professionals they’ve always wanted to be.